Are you thinking about selling your Chapin home? I will provide you with a free valuation of your home with absolutely no obligation. Please fill out the easy to use form below to tell me about your home. Please note your information will be kept strictly confidential and will only be used to help us provide you with better real estate services. You will be contacted shortly and thanks again.
Choosing your real estate professional is, perhaps, the most important decision you will make when selling property. I believe the more you look around, the more you will see the value of working with me.
However, no matter whom you choose, these simple tips will help you sell your home more quickly and efficiently.
Make first impressions count. Without a doubt, a visually appealing house will attract buyers, who can’t help but respond to the look and “feel” of a home. Take time to carefully prepare for showings. Don’t forget the following:
- Cut the grass
- Remove any clutter from the yard
- Trim hedges
- Weed gardens
- Wash steps, windows, railings, doors, etc
- Paint if needed
- Re-stain decking if necessary
- Remove unnecessary clutter from garages
Scrub, dust and fix up everything you can. Buyers will notice details. Get rid of the clutter, repair leaky faucets, wage war on dust and clean until your home shines. Small things can make a potential buyer walk away. When you prepare your house for showing, remember to:
- Shampoo carpets
- Clean tubs, toilets and showers and hang fresh towels
- Oil squeaky doors
- Fix things like broken hinges and light switches
Listen to suggestions. As you prepare your home, don’t rely solely on your own judgment. It’s hard to be objective when you’re the owner.
Small touches make a difference. It’s important that the buyer can imagine themselves in your home. A few small changes can go a long way towards creating that atmosphere:
- Make sure laundry, toys etc. are put away
- Wipe fingerprints and smudges off of windows
- Use fruit as props in your kitchen
- Arrange fresh flowers on your dining room table
- Light the fireplace if you have one (If the weather is cool)
- Brew some coffee for the potential buyers
- Put freshly baked cookies next to the coffee (the nice smell is an added bonus)